Antitrust/ Competition Law
Regulations that protect free competition are rapidly and constantly evolving around the world. The various competent administrative authorities are increasingly using their broad powers to investigate mergers, markets, collusion and other acts, and they are applying sanctions that are increasingly material.
Our competition practice combines an unmatched mix of international and domestic experience in significant antitrust law matters. Our team covers all aspects of applicable regulations, including merger control, cartel investigations, abuse of dominance / monopolization, industry regulation and market research, public procurement and competitive bidding.
Our team members have worked on leading cases in multiple industry sectors, including retail, automotive, regulated industries, logistics, banking / financial institutions, shipping, among others.
We advised Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. on its merger with Peugeot S.A. This merger has now been recognized by Global Competition Review as Matter of the Year 2021.
In this sense, PAGBAM provides comprehensive advice on issues related to:
- General advice on competition and antitrust regulations;
- Antitrust filings and proceedings with the competent antitrust authorities;
- The obtaining of regulatory clearance and approvals;
- Litigation related to anti-competitive behaviors, economic concentrations and antitrust matters in general; and
- Advice and representation related to anti-competitive behaviors, both in administrative and judicial jurisdictions.
Swift Notification Test
PAGBAM would like to offer a first insight about if your next transaction need to be reported with the Argentinean Antitrust Commission: Comisión Nacional de Defensa de la Competencia (“CNDC”), according to the Argentinean Antitrust Law No. 27,442 (the “Law”). This test does not replace mandatory local expert advice on a case by case transaction.